Manchester United reject massive offer from Bracelona for Paul Pogba

Man Utd Transfer News Jose Mourinho has been told to swap Martial for Willian

Man Utd Transfer News Jose Mourinho has been told to swap Martial for Willian

United insisted on Monday night that Pogba is not for sale and they are believed to have rejected an opening offer from Barcelona of £44.6million plus two players - Yerry Mina and Andre Gomes.

The 25-year-old, who lit up the World Cup finals in Russian Federation, has often flattered to deceive since returning to United from Juventus two years ago.

While Pogba has not publicly confirmed he wants to leave United, rumours of a breakdown in communications with United boss Mourinho have circulated throughout 2018 and now it appears someone in the Frenchman's camp have given Barca encouragement that a move could be possible.

Back in 2016, the 25-year-old completed his move back to Old Trafford for a-then world record fee, but things could have been very different according to one of Barcelona's directors.

Paul Pogba is integral to how Manchester United operate, both on and off the pitch: he is a key player in the centre of midfield and often orchestrates the play; off the field he is seen by United as central to their commercial plans.

The Portuguese harshly criticised some of the younger players on tour with his team in the USA, while he has also warned the board over their lack of activity in the transfer window.

More news: Swiss police confirm 20 dead in WWII vintage plane crash
More news: Root run out sparks England collapse amid controversial Kohli send-off
More news: Tesla's biggest net loss helps meet production target

Paul Pogba is becoming unsettled at Manchester United after feeling manager Jose Mourinho unfairly criticised him this summer, sources told ESPN FC.

'I don't think it's about us getting the best out of him, it's about him giving the best he has to give, ' said Mourinho last month. Because it's closed for a month, where he can only think about football.

The Red Devils, therefore, have limited time to acquire a replacement for Pogba and makes any deal before the transfer window in Spain closes on 31 August a near-impossibility.

Thoughts on Barcelona's cash plus players offer for Paul Pogba?

However, Mourinho disputed suggestions that it's down to him to get the best out of Pogba.

Recommended News

  • U.S adds 157000 jobs in July as worker wages tick up

    U.S adds 157000 jobs in July as worker wages tick up

    The latest job figures follow a steady stream of hiring gains and a robust reading on economic growth. Employment in food services and drinking places continued to trend up over the month (+26,000).
    Thousands of firefighters struggle to contain giant blazes in California

    Thousands of firefighters struggle to contain giant blazes in California

    Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko said all missing people reported to his office had been accounted for. In the last two weeks, wildfires have claimed the lives of four firefighters and eight civilians.
    Urban Meyer's Bacon is Cooked

    Urban Meyer's Bacon is Cooked

    Courtney Smith concedes that she does not know if Shelley Meyer ever told her husband about the allegations. Zach Smith was sacked on July 23 after he was served a civil protection order on behalf of Courtney Smith .
  • Leaked Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Video Reveals 512GB Capacity

    Leaked Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Video Reveals 512GB Capacity

    Here we are running the speculated Galaxy Note 9 specifications up against the Huawei P20 Pro to see how the devices compare. The charger not only supports Fast Charge technology but it can also be connected by a USB-C able.
    China rejects USA  demand to reduce Iran oil imports

    China rejects USA demand to reduce Iran oil imports

    USA officials last week said Iran carried out a similar exercise, though Tehran did not immediately acknowledge it. The snub could seriously undermine U.S. efforts to isolate Iran over the country's controversial nuclear programme.
    China unveils additional retaliatory tariffs on $60bn of U.S.  goods

    China unveils additional retaliatory tariffs on $60bn of U.S. goods

    Mr Geng said China's door to dialogue on the trade dispute is open, but that it had to be based on mutual respect and equality. President Donald Trump takes part in a welcoming ceremony with China's President Xi Jinping on November 9, 2017, in Beijing.
  • India awaits Kohli magic in England Tests

    India awaits Kohli magic in England Tests

    They have strength in depth in their pace bowling ", said Cook ahead of the first Test beginning here on Wednesday. The 33-year-old, himself, is returning to the England fold after playing against Pakistan earlier in the summer.
    First ever 'wholphin' hybrid spotted in wild

    First ever 'wholphin' hybrid spotted in wild

    The sighting is also only the third confirmed instance of a wild-born hybrid between species in the Delphinidae family. They were able to take a sample for a biopsy, which confirmed their suspicions.
    Trump turns fire on top Republican donors

    Trump turns fire on top Republican donors

    And the network already is engaged in Senate races to help Republicans in Wisconsin, Missouri, Tennessee and Florida. We do the ground game because we're not going to equivocate on who we're going to support.
  • Chelsea Boss Sarri Confident Of Willian Stay

    Chelsea Boss Sarri Confident Of Willian Stay

    At the beginning it's a little more hard until we get the new style of the game and its changes. Another player still being linked with a Chelsea exit is Brazil winger Willian .
    Ohio Governor defends LeBron James in the Donald Trump aftermath

    Ohio Governor defends LeBron James in the Donald Trump aftermath

    James opted out of his contract with the Cleveland Cavaliers earlier this offseason and signed with the Los Angeles Lakers . James was on Lemon's show to discuss the opening of his I Promise school for at-risk children in Akron, Ohio .
    Liverpool confirm Alisson’s provisional squad number after Karius gesture

    Liverpool confirm Alisson’s provisional squad number after Karius gesture

    Since linking up with his new Liverpool teammates in France, there has been speculation over what number Alisson would wear this season.

We are pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news.
Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper.
Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.